August 5, 2008

perfect but not mine

Having known you for so many years, I didn't know you

Didn't know your heart beats; caring beyond belief,
for others... for the less significant
You are proud, yet you would never compromise.

I didn't know you were so mischievous in school
Invoking terror both in the quiet and those who thought themselves cool

I didn't know you excelled in sports
Loving body training and fun sports alike

I thought you didn't care about your future
How wrong I was
Working for what you didn't have
You save for what you have in mind

I didn't know you could draw; design, much less construct
Working with your hands
Building from the heart

I didn't know you prefer greens, disliking meat.

I didn't know you could be so generous
Giving just because

Your naughty sense of humour.
Seeing you smile, hearing you laugh
Delighting in your presence, I wish to hold time forever

Didn't know you were so gentle...
tender...
and passionate....

Being in your arms,
Embraced through the night

Held.
Safe and Cherished

Perfect, you are perfect

Just not mine

Never can be

2 comments:

tabbydlim said...

hey nice blog u got here. :)n it was nice meeting u too.

is it ok for me to link u to my blog? i blog nonsensical things (lol) at www.tabbydlim.blogspot.com btw.

The Realistic Dreamer said...

sure tabby
can't wait to read