October 5, 2008

tomorrow

tomorrow is monday!!! back to reality after a five-day holiday ....
i love my job but i hate mornings. hate hate hate them. it's back to waking up to alarm clocks again tomorrow and i dread the morning traffic on the road.
it's going to be mad.
and why is it some people can just be such absolutely chirpy people in the morning and try as i may, i just can't. i've been working for years, and you would think that my body should be used to getting up around 7 by now but no, it still doesn't come naturally.
oh dear ....

1 comment:

Doug P. Baker said...

Up Early
(inspired by your post)

In an effort to reform,
to be healthy, wealthy, wise-
I set my clock to wake me
half hour before sunrise.

Then to its screaming wail
with blurry eyes I stood-
and tried to find the light
stepping carefully as I could.

I crushed a pen that left
an ink pool on the floor,
and kicked the sleeping dog
before I reached the door.

Outside, with coffee armed
I turned to find the sun-
but the sky was dark and drab
so I sat to wish it on.

Then leaning on my mailbox
the night’s last drunk I spied-
head hung between his arms
he wretched and puked and cried.

The porch light shone around;
the neighbor’s cat I saw
stately walking past-
a dead mouse in its jaw.

The garbage men came by
With cursing and with clatter.
My morn the couldn’t ruin.
By then it didn’t matter.

I turned my back on morn
and got me back to bed.
If morning’s for the wise,
I’ll be a fool instead!