October 11, 2008

random me

part of my job involves proof-reading all the articles for print. and sometimes, i read so much in a day, words blur together and become a bunch of nonsensical, illegible jabber. some are funny, some are just plain ... confounding.

for instance when,

starbucks cafes became star-fe bucks
printing press, my mind couldn't pronounce. too many 'r's. brain jam
coffee and tea became coffee-tea
i squint at the word 'skilful' and wonder whether it's spelt right [it's wrong]
i forget how to spell 'stiletto'
instead looked like 'itstead'
and of course, the times i read and re-read the same sentence a thousand times because my mind just won't understand what i'm reading


when my mind plays such tricks on me, i know that's the time to put everything away and take a break. haha there's just so much i can read in a day right?

1 comment:

Ah_Mike said...

star-fe bucks...lol!