December 23, 2008

everytime now

now everytime i chew on my straw, i'm going to think of you. yes. it's a bad habit of mine - i chew on my straws. but only while drinking. not before and not, god forbid, after the drink.

but anyway, like i said, now everytime i chew on my straw, i'm going to think of you. just because you commented on it. just because you told me not to. yet you later drank from the same straw.

now everytime i go to that little-something-place, i'm going to think of you. how you recited and repeated your orders just so i'd get it right. maybe you knew my brain wouldn't be able to process your one-hundred-and-one-very-specific requests at that hour of the morning. you made me repeat after you. funny. but it's ok because it left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

now everytime i go to that little-something-place, i'm going to think of you. how i turned around and saw you there. you stood and waited for me. you didn't know. you probably will never know, my heart leaped a little at that sight. it flipped and fluttered, refusing to settle. i don't think it ever will.

the look on your face. the way you stood. totally charming. absolutely heart-breaking.

now everytime i see that car, i'm going to think of you. imprinted on my mind, the very special registration plate. i'm going to remember how we cruised around. i'm going to remember how you let me drive. then gave me a lecture on road safety. yes i know, you. lectured. me.

now everytime i catch a glimpse of a grey men's shirt, i'm going to think of you.

now everytime i see that pack of red and gold, i'm going to think of you.

now everytime i place my order, i'm going to think of you.

now everytime i wake ....

now everytime i breathe ....

now everytime i drink ....

now everytime i sleep ....

i'm going to think of you.

someday i'll tell my children about our many adventures.

but now, everytime.

everytime, now ....

i'm just going to think of you.


No comments: