November 3, 2008

lost feet

my feet died today.

i spent 5 hours walking in a mall, well, two malls, with my colleague. in heels. pointy-toed heels!!! and now i think my feet are dead to the world. numb beyond belief.

we had to source specific christmas gifts [i know!! it's just november] for the december issue so we walked a total of 5 hours!!! my colleague wore flats as she hates heels but i, as usual, wore heels as i don't like flats and now i'm paying for it.

i can't even stand.

i am so tired. and just now, in the kitchen ....

mum: want an apple?
grace: no. too tired .... can't bite.
mum: you're too tired to bite??

gosh!

i usually love green apples. but the thought of biting, chewing and just moving seem too much at the moment.

THIS is what you get for putting vanity before sanity.


p.s. the culprit heels

2 comments:

Doug P. Baker said...

Makes me glad I'm a man! No such thing as heels or pointy toes for us!

The Realistic Dreamer said...

i know!
the torture we subject ourselves to!!