November 20, 2008

in time

life is hanging by a-very-pretty-piece-of-lace now [oh, haha i don't liken my life to thread, so it's not hanging by a 'thread']. amidst the scatter and clatter, i am offered two very intriguing and attractive offers.

not going to reveal what they are yet but, am seriously considering them.

and if i do somehow, in the end, go for it, then my life would be a story of upheaval all over again. change really seems to be the story of my life.

during lunch, instead of going to eat with the rest of my colleagues, i decided to indulge a little. have been working till nearly 9 every day for the past week so i decided to inject a full stop and exclamation mark into the sentence of my day.

while having my nails done, the girl doing it was telling me about her wedding next April. and i was thinking, another wedding. always someone else's wedding. while i'm happy for her, i'm also ambivalent. she was telling me how her fiance is seven years older [she is 24], and how, yes, even though it's not passionate, exciting, head-over-heels-in-love kind of love, we girls should accept it because we 'have to be' realistic. in translation, she means that despite the lack of spark and giddy feelings, just settle. sigh.

of course, i'm happy for her. really i am. and i admire the fact that she can actually 'settle' for something ... like this. try as i may, i can't seem to.

so anyway, instead of settling, i'm considering these two options. which is the absolute opposite.

haha. stay tuned and see what i choose. in time.

No comments: