February 10, 2009

what have i done???

oh my god. it suddenly hit me. oh god. i'm nearly afraid to even write it down.

i am going to be 28 in two years!!!?!?! yeah. two years later. 28????

28 equals nearer to 30. equals to .... oh. my. god.

i haven't changed the world!

i haven't even fallen in love.

i haven't ... anything.

i'm in a total dismay now. what have i done?

god. ok. breathe. think. surely i've achieved notable and worthy ... deeds (??!)

something at least??

let me think.

i have experienced working in orphanages. old folks' home. womens' shelter.

i have taught, children and young people. and hopefully, given a part of me to them. something that they can have to help them in the world.

i have seen various continents.

i have ... made my points and stand firm on what truly matters to me.

i have ... been there for my family when it matters ....

i have ... been there for my friends when it matters ....

i have loved ... lost ... believed .... hoped ....

and i guess, i haven't destroyed myself in the process.

sigh.

well i guess, yeah. while, i may not have settled down as many of my friends have. while i may not have the tidy home and 2.5 kids like my friends do. and while i may not be the lawyer i thought i'd be [not what i want now], the ambassador i dreamed i'd be [i realized i'm too idealistic for it], or the world changer i still want to be, i'm still all right.

for now.

No comments: