January 7, 2009

it is ok

let me tell you a story of 'i remember'

i remember you taking me to the highlands.

i remember playing peek-a-boo with you. i peeked, you booed.
the grills, the props. the hotel, my playroom.
flowers abound. the air was cool. i remember playing peek-a-boo with you.

i remember you taking me to swim. the best was suppers afterwards.
eating hot, hand-tossed dough at 11 at night. for a child, it was wonderland indeed.

i remember you teaching me to drive. barely 18, i maneuvered a 4W drive.
accelerate, brake, release, balance, the manual gear was horror to me.

i remember you taking me shopping. i wanted shoes. i wanted perfume. i wanted all a girl could want. you bought me my first heels, lilac slinky ones, i remember it well.

i remember you checking on me at nights. still making sure i'm all covered up,snug as a bug, you checked and left your imprint.

i remember i cried. i called you and cried because i racked up the phone bill, monumentally. all you said was 'it is ok.... just don't do it again'.

it is ok....

it will be.

it has to be.

No comments: