June 22, 2008

why people blog


I used to be dead set against blogging. Being the opinionated me, I stood by my idea of those who blog. I insisted to all who listened that people blog because they want attention (yeah, sorry, hear me out). And...it is therefore sad that they have to resort to writing-in the hopes that 'someone' somewhere will happen to read what they've written and emphatize/symphatize with them. SO, I was determined NOT to blog or get sucked into the blog-mania. You know how 'what goes around comes around'? We often end up eating our own words. That's right, here I am ....blogging =.=

Why??

Well... having matured and wisen-up (I hope), I realize that blogging is not so much about other people. It's really something for yourself. I love writing. I have opinions (sometimes too many). I see things...I think about them and I want to write them down. Thus my blog. I'm not afraid to admit that yes, my previous perceptions of blogging were wrong and I did have a skewered and rather limited mindset of what blogging was all about.

I think that this is part of life. Realizing that you make mistakes...and what you thought was right and 'so and so' were often your rather childish and limited point of view. To be able to admit that and see the bigger picture makes you a person with a larger capacity of love and wisdom.

So the question is; am I now talking to myself? or am I still, also, hoping that someone will be reading this? Hahaha ....

Well, if someone reads it, great. I would ask- what do you think? And if no one is reading and I AM writing to myself, grea too! Because laying it all out is so much clearer. You see what you think and that gives you space for learning and growing.

So yes, I think that blogging is a great concept or for some, a great past time :D

No comments: