June 24, 2008

the bigger the better?

people started using handphones a long long time ago. But the fad really caught on when I was in college. I remember when there was a time where we could ONLY sms ppl within the same network. The moment we could start sms-ing friends on another network, sms-ing skyrocketed.
anyway...I digress.

was at a press conference where I was 'misted' in cigarette smoke. I bet I now reek of it...but again, I digress.

I was watching these people on their phones. A few years back, the 'in' thing was to have a phone as slim and small as possible. Doesn't matter if you have to squint to see what key you're pressing. Doesn't matter if you press the wrong key more often than not. As long as it's slim and small, then, that's the one. But now!

It seems that everyone is vying for the bigger phone. I don't mean big as those our dads or grandad used. But chunky PDA/MDA/whatever-DA phones. Everyone's trying to inconspicuously show off the fact that they're on a PDA phone...Blackberry...Vodafone... and the hundred other models coming up.

How fickle we all are.....

Is there nothing in our life that is constant....?

ps: don't tell me change is constant. Yeah, that, is cliched, though true ;)

No comments: