June 22, 2008

a midnight movie

my sister and I went to catch a movie yesterday. We were going for the 11.45pm movie and upon reaching the cinemas, found it packed- full of people waiting to get into their cinema houses. But of course, it was a Saturday night. We queued for popcorn and was directed to this young-ish attendant. I placed the order for a small combo and was given a 'medium sized' pack of popcorns. Remarking to my sis in chinese about why we got medium when I asked for small, the guy cheerfully explained that now, the 'small' combo actually is a 'medium' popcorn. I was like, 'Oh, that's nice. Ignore my lack of knowledge. I'm just 3 8'. He actually laughed back and wished us a good movie. You know, people are really really friendly if you are. None of the snobbish, aloof kinda attitude and you'll find the nicest people around. Some say that people are cold ...unhelpful and even evil. You know how our mothers warn us about 'big bad world'?? Well....actually...it's not that bad.

I've had countless encounters of great strangers who made my day. Is it because I choose to go about my day happy and exuberant? Oh yes I love life. And no, my life is NOT perfect. I was NOT born with a silver spoon in my pretty mouth. I do NOT have a million-dollars paying job and I AM not naive or ignorant of the dangers of the world but you know, if you just CHOOSE to look at the beautiful things of life, it really is better. Yeah, some might call you silly for always believing in the 'goodness' of people, naive maybe, in thinking that everyone is kind and loving but if doing that makes you happier, then why not??

After all... isn't it what you choose to make out of your life that matters?

Stay with me then and we'll see what The Day and life of a Fashion-Loving Joie De Vivre is like!

XOXO

No comments: