June 26, 2008

where have they all gone??

I wonder-is there nothing genuine left in this fickle world we live in....? I'm not talking about material things. But yes, (!!!) items are getting pricier and of such a ridiculously high quality now that they cost more than an arm and a leg. Things are getting more complex and gone are the days when an item is simple and user-friendly. It's like, the more complicated looking it is, the more prestigious it is. But anyway...I have digressed again.

I was watching some people giving speeches which I know well, were written for them and I wondered, why don't they prepare their own speech? Don't they want to say something they truly believe in?? Here they are, talking to the masses, trying to introduce a new idea/brand/concept, and what do they do? They read- from something someone else has written. You could see it-- from the way they READ and their eyes, that they're merely reading and probably only seeing the text for the first time in their life. I mean, if I were to convince someone of something, I'd want to know what I'm saying and I'd want to actually believe in that idea/item/concept and not just spout meaningless things. Sure, it sounds nice and well put together, but ....one look at your face tells me something entirely different.

Having had the chance to work in three very different companies and in totally different lines, I've been in the position of seeing how things really worked behind the scenes. And I am sad to say, I've been absolutely disappointed. Nothing is genuine. Everything's a hype nowadays.

In fact, I was just wondering the other day;

what happened to integrity? Don't get me wrong. I love change. I'm all for going forward and evolving with the times, but I long for the days where if you give your word on something, then you mean it and people can count on it.

what happened to passion?? Yes! Money IS important. We all need it. We all want more of it. But to lose yourself in order to gain more of it- is that really worth it? Do we just do something, say something, not because we believe in it, but because of what it can give us? Why???

Sadly, people and things around us are so 'fake' nowadays that we are all cynical. We doubt everyone and everything we see. We question and disbelieve it because at some point, we were all guilty of the same thing- saying things we don't mean, selling something we don't believe in. trying to convince people of something we have no idea about, trying to look good at the expense of others.

I'm not living in utopia land. Neither am I an idealist but I truly truly believe that if you respect the truths of life, despite everything else, you CAN succeed.

Life respects life!

No comments: