March 2, 2009

help me look for me

i should have known.

surfing through. glancing at a friend's pictures, i was going, duh. of course he likes that type of music. he wears his hair in dreadlocks! cool. very cool.

was never into stereotyping. in fact, most of the times, i feel that appearances are deceiving. ridiculously so.

once this guy had a totally inappropriate impression of me.

him: want a cigarette?
me : nope. i don't smoke
him: no? hmm yeah. [after much thinking] i guess you don't look like you smoke ciggs. you look like more like you smoke weed.

-.-

ok. i sure hope he was joking. and admitedly, i was experimenting then and had purple highlights in my hair. very very subtle ones ok. and streaks. not chunks. so it was barely there.

anyway, yeah. so impressions? what impressions?

never judge a book by its cover, that's true.

but then again, sometimes, there are indications.

there really are.

maybe at the heart of this post, what i really want to say is ....

deep down.

underneath the millions of cleverly hidden layers ....

in between the lines ....

come look for me.

uncover the real me.

unravel the artfully put-up facade that's supposed to be me.

unveil the me that longs for you to see.

what i really want you to see.

me.


No comments: