September 29, 2008

when all things blur

i dreamed of a path
of a walk called love
cobbled and rough
relentlessly tough

i skipped along
i tripped and tumbled
often i would sit and wonder

where is he
the voice i heard
where is he
whose touch i felt

i stand
i hobble
and off i wander again

the path i dreamed
the walk i see
the end will come
when tears run dry

of pain and sorrow
of tears of joy
of love and strength
i will embrace

wisdom
patience
encircle
enfold

walk with me and let me love
hold my hands when all things blur

i'll sit
i'll wait
i'll hope
i'll stay

just hold my hands
when all things blur

2 comments:

Doug P. Baker said...

Grace,

This is lovely. The way really is "cobbled and rough, relentlessly tough!"

This is, in part at least, to the same one to whom you wrote Stand? I think it is.

Like an echo, I'm going to post Uphill on my page.

sebastiao garcia said...

i wonder what you have just written here is realistic or you are dreaming, but its beautiful hey i have to say