July 2, 2008

happiness


something fun and great happened yesterday. hmmm besides the small fact where I went shopping. ok ok, will write that in too. I bought 3 (!!) pairs of heels (I couldn't choose and I was alone so I bought all three. 1 metallic purple pair, 1 black peep toe with gold sequinns and 1 white pair with checked front). Sigh... SO satisfied.

Anyway, back to the interesting thing that happened.

I was at the post office waiting for my turn. There were about 80 people ahead and I settled in for a good read. There was a pregnant woman sitting beside me and being the observant me, I noticed that she was next in turn. Problem is, she was dozing off. She must have had a long wait and I gentled poked her so that she wouldn't miss her turn. Delighted, she asked me to join her and thus skip the long wait.

Now, some may think that it is, in a sense, jumping queue. But firstly, I didn't ask for it. And secondly, what I wanted to do wouldn't have taken more than 3 minutes.

Isn't it great when you get to do good deeds? It is for me. I feel instantly cheered up and just all-around-great when I know I've made someone's day. Whether in a very very small way or otherwise.

Cliched as it sounds (watch Pay it Forward), it IS true that a good deed goes a long long way.

Besides, I just love being a happy person. In fact, a childish wish of mine is to be a fairy (the size of Tinkerbell) who goes around sprinkling sparkly happy dust on people.

That's happiness isn't i?

No comments: