July 4, 2008

immortal beloved

Love demands everything and that very justly - thus it is to me with you, and to your with me. But you forget so easily that I must live for me and for you; if we were wholly united you would feel the pain of it as little as I

My heart is full of so many things to say to you - ah - there are moments when I feel that speech amounts to nothing at all - Cheer up - remain my true, my only treasure, my all as I am yours. The gods must send us the rest, what for us must and shall be

Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you

Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.

ever thine
ever mine
ever ours


ps: no i'm not that brilliant...it's by the much admired Beethoven

No comments: